If you have already been into the surgery to complete your registration details for the online repeats system please click on the link above.
If you are on long-term medication and approved for repeat prescriptions you can re-order in a number of ways.
- By hand- drop your repeat slip off at reception with the required items clearly marked.
- By telephone- Please call after 10:30 am
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page, but you MUST have been into the surgery first so we can complete your registration details.
Please remember to order prescriptions from the surgery you wish to collect them from.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Electronic Prescription Service
Our repeat prescriptions can now be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice. Please ensure that we hold your up to date contact details.
- Visit the pharmacy requesting an electronic nomination to be added.
- This service offers flexibility for the collection of your medications should you not be near your home, i.e. on holiday, near your place of work, or visiting relatives out of town.
- The ordering of your medication is still processed in the same way - you will need to telephone, request online or drop your request into the practice two working days before collection.
Please note your prescription collection may be subject to delay if your medication is due for review or you are currently prescribed certain medications.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, or practice nurse at least once a year to review their regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.